Life's a pretty precious...

Life's a pretty precious...

Tuesday, 13 December 2016

PRE-LOVED TO RE-LOVED FOR CHRISTMAS...and WILL SANTA WEAR HIS SHORTS?

I am passionate about recycling and decided to bypass 
the usual stores for my Christmas shopping this year. 
Pre-loved will be re-loved...
From a fabulous day out with a friend trawling local 
Op Shops for treasure to revisiting Vinnies with Edana and Ewan when 
we were in Brisbane to the Bello market to creating new gifts from remnants of fabric...
  



 



It's the people you meet
who brighten your day...




Laneways come to life...


 
Local organic lunch...



 






  









Every December I give each grandchild a decoration for their Christmas tree.
This year I have made them...the boys love dinosaurs so I used some fabric left over from shorts I made them a couple of years ago, tied with tinsel. For the girls, their favourite colour velvet (left overs from leggings I had made for myself) and gold tinsel. 
Batman and more dinosaur fabrics, left over from shorts (short longs or long shorts...) which they loved and still wear made into cushion covers for a couple of new cushions I found in the sewing cupboard...

Dresses, books, a trinket for my niece, coloured pencils in a beautiful cylinder, a silver frame...
With the exception of a few small, meaningful gifts from our local newsagent 
and wholefoods store, pre-loved will be re-loved this Christmas...given with 
love and joy to those dearest to me. 





Christmas is warm to hot in Australia and last year 
Edana and Ewan wondered...will Santa wear his shorts?

6 comments:

  1. Like you my Xmas gifts are vintage, handmade (by me) or bought from the maker. I love the sound of the decorations you've made for the grandchildren and those tantalising secondhand shops.
    You and your dining companion look utterly fabulous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vix and I love the sound of your gifts too. It's the only way to go, I believe. Sending you warm, wonderful wishes for the Silly Season and a fabulous 2017. Catch up with you then (probably when you'e packing your bags for Goa :) xx

      Delete
  2. How fun! Happy holidays to you and yours, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol and sending you warm, wonderful wishes too. xx

      Delete
  3. Lucky grandchildren to have such a clever and creative grandma, I'm sure they love their made with love pressies. Wishing you all best wishes for Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, and Best wishes to you too for a beautiful Christmas and fabulous New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete