Life's a pretty precious...

Life's a pretty precious...

Wednesday, 30 November 2016

KOOZA...IN A RETRO DRESS



J.B and I have pledged to take each of our four grandchildren 
to a special cultural event when they're around 9 or
10 years old. Something exceptional that they'll enjoy and remember always. 


 


Edana is now 9 years old and when I 
saw that the brilliant
Cirque du Soleil 
would be returning
to Brisbane...

Here she is, creatively dressed in her pre-loved retro inspired dress, boots and bag...








Le Grand Chapiteau

A Traditional Circus Homage

"A return to our origins, KOOZA combines acrobatic performance and the art of clowning, while exploring fear, identity, recognition and power. The Innocent's journey brings him into contact with comic characters from an electrifying world full of surprises, thrills, audacity and total involvement."
https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/kooza



J.B. and I saw Cirque du Soleil in 2004 - QUIDAM - and were blown away by the theatre, the artistry...and KOOZA was equally brilliant...this company's 
creativity and professionalism is second to none...  


I found my retro dress at the Nimbin markets this winter. 
Beautiful cotton fabric, bright floral print on black, covered buttons...black leather belt pre loved from a market a long time ago...and Birkenstocks for Brisbane's hot afternoon...


 
An unforgettable day...

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful pledge. You are such a cool and beautiful grandmother, its no surprise Edana is so pretty and stylish, great genes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, Edana is always telling me "you're young" and I have to tell her that I love her more than before! We both agree that the other one is "weird and wonderful", neither of us follow the crowd and I do encourage that quality in her. She has always put together amazing creations, very theatrical, and her Mum was concerned that wearing a school uniform may take this away from her. But no, when you're made that way...Celebrate!!!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea and I am sure each grandchild will cherish those memories of their special day .You look really glorious in this pretty Summer dress as does your little grandaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jill, I'm sure they will, as of course we will. I do love this dress, I seem to be picking up floral print on black summer dresses and as Vix said, the black gives the floral print "attitude" (I love that). Hope you're having a beautiful week. xx

    ReplyDelete