Life's a pretty precious...

Life's a pretty precious...

Wednesday, 19 October 2016

IN THE PINK... AND WHEN A CARDIGAN IS A HEADDRESS






PINK... Dazzling, vibrant, exuberant, playful...


The bougainvillea inside the main gates of Bellingen's beautiful showgrounds...  where horses are stabled and ridden, visitors camp, the annual Agricultural Show is a must on the local calendar, produce markets sell fresh and amazing
food twice a month, yoga classes are held in the hall, where I take a long cut to town on La Vie, where I added a bit more pink... 




 



PINK... thoughtful, 
 still, calm, serene...under the showground's  open pavillion. Mosaic table and benches a community creation.



 
 





PINK... cheeky, bold, sassy, creative...fun...

It was 10 degrees as I rode La Vie to Bello's 3rd Saturday of the month fabulous market last weekend. Warm cardigan, scarf and boots sort of cycle. But fickle Spring and her partner in seasonal crime, daylight saving, caught me out (just as autumn caught me out in an earlier post)
 https://fabulousageing.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/when-scarf-is-hat.html
Two hours later the sun announced that winter was definitely over and I was sans hat - until my cardi
took on a new life!








In the pink with a mosaic friend
(pre loved skirt from Vintage Nest, Bello - before it became Hyde; cardi discovered in an Op Shop down south for $1) 













The mosaics were created
by festival goers at the former
Global Carnival - an ablutions 
 cement block wall became an 
art gallery.






PINK...joyful, audacious, vital...






I adore my pre loved denim jacket discovered at the 
Bello Market a couple of years ago. Worn here with blue 
camisole top  from Ubud market, Bali, on our holiday there last year. 




 



Earrings, a new pre-loved purchase! 
From the local Anglican Op Shop
last week for the outrageous 
price of $2 (I was happy to pay the 
ticketed price of $3 but they would 
only take $2...) 







PINK...Symbolic

OCTOBER IS PINK...Breast Cancer Awareness month 

PINK...Hope, faith, love...

 



PINK...Alive, grateful, vital...

In October 2004 I turned 50. I was in the midst of seven long weeks of Radiotherapy post two breast cancer surgeries. 
Twelve years ago...I give thanks every day for my life. For the privilege of living in Australia where our Medicare system paid for everything. 
For my amazing Breast Care Nurse, herself a survivor of breast cancer twice. 
For my G.P. who wasn't happy with an initial biopsy result of "atypical" and recommended that we should "dot the i's and cross the t's".
For the wonderful medical teams. 
For my beloved J.B. and my children and their partners.


My cancer did not show up on a mammogram. 
Because it was in the lobule, it took ultrasound to find it. 

Women, and Men, know your bodies, be aware of any changes...

Each moment's a gift 




PINK... 


15 comments:

  1. Each moment is a gift, if only more people shared your sentiment instead of forever whingeing about things that really aren't important.
    Looking wonderful in pink, it really suits you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vix. I had fun playing around in pink and do like wearing it - with bright pink lipstick, of course!! xx

      Delete
  2. A good reminder to appreciate every moment, Elizabeth! You look gorgeous in hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila, so pleased my pinks are cheering everyone up. It's such a fun colour. xx

      Delete
  3. We all need a gentle reminder now and then to appreciate every day for the gift it truly is. Thankyou for this so very personal story.Pink is definately your colour. Take care and enjoy the beauty that Spring brings.Jill xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jill. (your comment on Instagram re the cardigan being a bit warm in our weather - yes, it was a tad warm but kept the sun off!!) Pinks are lively - and I like lively. xx

      Delete
  4. Glorious pink! and what a wonderful collection of reminders. Thanks for linking up, xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti, and thank you for hosting such a gorgeous collection of fashion and living life to the full beautiful women.

      I have to add that I was somewhat aghast to see that an unwelcome list of comments appeared (again) on my comments section before your comment - after I had reported them as spam on Sunday. This is the first time it has happened to me and I hope it will be the last. Hope you're having a fabulous week. Elizabeth. xx

      Delete
  5. Congrats on kicking the ass of cancer! You stand strong and powerful in your pink.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne, thanks for taking time to drop by my blog, I really appreciate it.

      I have to add that I was somewhat aghast to see that an unwelcome list of comments appeared (again) on my comments section before your comment - after I had reported them as spam on Sunday. This is the first time it has happened to me and I hope it will be the last. Hope you're having a fabulous week. Elizabeth. xx

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad for your doctor and the care you received. You look brilliant in all your pink items- a great way to show your gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kezzie, I do appreciate your comments.

      I have to add that I was somewhat aghast to see that an unwelcome list of comments appeared (again) on my comments section before your comment - after I had reported them as spam on Sunday. This is the first time it has happened to me and I hope it will be the last. Hope you're having a fabulous week. Elizabeth. xx

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post Elizabeth. We must always be aware of our human frailties and you were made so very aware all that time ago. Well done for writing to lovingly about your experience, with not a single element of bitterness or self pity. Pink is a wonderful icon for you - it says love and vibrancy, joy and peace too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!
    Anna x
    annasislandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I celebrate your creativity in turning your wonderful pink cardi into a headdress! It looks equally marvelous in either style as you effortlessly adapt to the changing whims of the season! Thanks for participating in Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judith,I do love cardis - adaptable for all conditions. xx

      Delete