Life's a pretty precious...

Life's a pretty precious...

Sunday, 3 July 2016

SPONTANEOUS INTUITION

Spontaneous intuition...knowing...absolutely...immediately...that I must enter the fabulously colourful boutique. At Sydney Airport! And that a Desigual top had my name on it! (the sane part of my brain went into melt down - airport shopping? airport $$$$?) But intuition always knows best, the top with my name on was an incredibly reasonable price (for anywhere, let alone at an airport) and soon my pull along case, my new purchase and I were happily heading towards my departure gate (and the last leg home from my recent trip down south).


A spontaneously intuitive outfit...my Metalicus pure wool full skirt (irresistable and because of its beautiful quality I knew I would have it for life)...my velvet Mary Poppins coat (my name for it, because I like to imagine my umbrella may lift me off the ground one rainy day when I wear it) which found me a long time ago in a funky boutique in Newtown, Sydney, when spending an annual get together with my dear friend,  (the other) Liz.


My favourite black gypsy shawl, olive velvet cap with black crochet edging (gifted from a yoga friend once upon a time), my gorgeous red boots (a spontaneously intuitive purchase), and earrings I've had for about 30 years complete the outfit...
as J.B. and I braved the cold and did an urban stroll of my beautiful town.

 





Concert pianist 
David Helfgott (who was the subject of the 1996 film Shine starring Geoffrey Rush) is a 
Bellingen local.   

A beautiful sculpture, designed by John Van Der Kolk to honour David's life, has pride of place in Maam Gaduyang
(Meeting Place) Park.  

Mary Poppins waits for a magic carpet bag...

















 



Kombu's fabulous front doors en route to...




 No.5 café...
 Warmth, and delicious Sunday breakfast...





Linking to http://stylecrone.com/2016/06/30/hat-attack-36/


Linking to http://notdeadyetstyle.com/a-karina-dress-for-florida-summer-visible-monday





















































18 comments:

  1. Breakfast sounds wonderful! Love your colorful design and that fabulous hat. Thanks for linking up, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Desigual top is a stunner - as are you! Loved the stroll around and I agree with Patti, breakfast sounds wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so glad I listened to my spontaneous intuition. I realise I should have taken a photo of the inside at the back , it's gorgeous, should be on the outside - piece of art - next time :) Thanks for coming on my stroll. xx

      Delete
  3. I can see why you couldn't resist that top. The whole outfit is stunning, right down to the fabulous red boots. I truly believe a girl can't have too many pairs of red shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Mary Poppins coat and a gypsy scarf!!! And your sweet little hat. How can I resist? I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie for strolling with me in my Mary Poppins coat, gypsy scarf and velvet hat - and for your beautiful comments.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere, Elizabeth! I love your fun style (love Desigual too) and lovely pics. I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! I'm so pleased I found your corner of the blogosphere too and look forward to lots of colourful exchanges :)

      Delete
  6. Hello! Thank you for your recent kind comments, I apologise it has taken me a few days to get back to you- I've been so busy that I've failed to!
    I adore the Helfgott sculpture, how amazing is that!?!! Your hat and Mary Poppins coat are beautiful and what a fabulous environment to picture them in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great style, and that piano sculpture is fabulous! So fun to connect with other bloggers embracing their own colorful, personal style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful comments and coming on a stroll around Bello with me - I love the sculpture too - very "playable"!

      Delete
  8. Great style, and that piano sculpture is fabulous! So fun to connect with other bloggers embracing their own colorful, personal style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The proportions of this outfit caught my eye instantly and are so very lovely. We don't see asymmetrical hem tops paired with flowing maxi skirts near often enough - and it's a shame because, as you so elegantly demonstrate here, the two are sensational together.

    Three cheers on a great airport shopping find and the wonderful trip that ensued afterwards.

    Many hugs & happy start of July wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps Jessica for your beautiful comments. And yes, it reassured me (a little!) about potential airport shopping! Although I suspect the cost of a coffee will stay at the outrageously expensive end!! Hoping you summer will stay warm and sunny. xx

      Delete
  10. Great outfit-and I love the digital top. You stand out with your great style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa, for your beautiful comments.

      Delete